What Questions Should I Ask?
Writing down a list of questions will help you make the best use of your time during your appointment. List your questions from most important to least important, in case time runs short. Some basic questions to ask your doctor include:
- What can I expect to happen next now that I’ve been diagnosed?
- Do I need treatment for my Hepatitis C infection? What treatments options are available?
- Can I be cured of the Hepatitis C virus?
- What should I do to minimize damage to my liver?
- Are there any over-the-counter medications or supplements I should avoid?
- Should my family be tested for Hepatitis C?
- How can I protect people around me from getting it?
- Where can I find out more information?
- Are there organizations that provide information and support?
- What other resources would you recommend?
In addition to the questions you’ve prepared, don’t hesitate to ask other questions during your appointment when you don’t understand something.
Download these questions and take them to your doctor’s appointment.