Am I Eligible for Treatment?
Many things affect the decision about who should receive treatment for Hepatitis C. Antiviral medications may not be recommended if you:
- Are pregnant, because these medications can cause birth defects in babies
- Have certain medical problems such as advanced heart disease, diabetes, seizures, or autoimmune diseases (for example, lupus or rheumatoid arthritis)
- Have severe depression or other mental health problems, as these medications may make them worse
- Have advanced scarring (cirrhosis) of the liver
- Engage in ongoing use of alcohol or intravenous drugs